5th grade State PowerPoint
make sure you have images and animations on each slide. At least 10 animations total!
Here are some helpful websites:
http://www.factmonster.com/us-states/idaho.html (find famous people at the bottom)
http://www.kidrex.org/ (LAST RESORT to find the information you are looking for)
If you can't find what you are looking for above, try search topics like (instead of Idaho, use your state's name):
"famous restaurants in Idaho"
"don't want to miss events in Idaho"
10 Slides- Keep in order!
- State Name, Nickname, Abbreviation (Idaho is ID) and picture of your state. (write your name on this slide also)
- State Flag & Capital City
- State Bird, Flower, and Tree
5. My State is Famous For...Idaho is famous for potatoes, rodeos, Craters of the Moon, camping, and hunting. What is your state famous for?
6. Mountain Ranges, Bodies of Water, Deserts Name any mountain ranges in your state, any major bodies of water, or any deserts. If your state doesn't have one of these, just create a text box saying "no deserts".
7. Climate in My State Describe the type of climate in your state? What are average temperatures in Fall, Winter, Summer, and Spring? Show pictures of scenery in each season. Show the average daily temperature for Fall, Winter, Summer and Spring (one daily temp per season). http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0762183.html
8. Wild Animals in My State Name 3 types of wild animals found in your state, and show pictures.
9. Interesting Places to Visit Include information on some interesting places to visit (show pictures). Museums, restaurants, interesting things in nature, historical locations, festivals, or famous attractions, or sporting events, etc are a few examples
10. 3 Fun Facts Include 3 interesting or fun facts about your state. Include pictures where possible.
Done? Check this!
Do you have the right amount of images?
Did you put in at least 10 animations?
Did you check your timing? (uncheck "on mouse click")
Test your Powerpoint by sitting back and watching it. (push F5) Be sure to allow enough time for people to read what you wrote.